- Provide technical expertise to prospective and current staff on human resource policies, including health, dental work authorization/visa requirements, leave and sabbatical policies etc.
- Ensure the full and effective use of databases and systems including the Taleo recruiting and performance system and the Project expense management system.
- Work with Africa Talent Manager to design individual training programs for all staff, organize training sessions and implement a system to monitor individual progress
- Provide staff and external consultants with contracts, and ensure they are registered with the Inspectorate of Labor if necessary.
- Manage annual tax returns of staff, including statements for the social security fund and the Retirement Insurance Institute (IPRES).
- Manage all aspects of staff off-boarding including IT close-outs, benefits changes, provide certificates of employment etc.
- Support the regional HR Operations team with cyclical activity, such as the appraisal and salary review process.
- Design, develop and maintain the recruitment process based on company’s objectives
- Design new approaches and programs to increase and strengthen quality of pipeline candidates
- Design the selection matrix for choosing the optimum recruitment channel and recruitment source
- Build a quality relationship with internal customers and external recruitment agencies.
- Set the social media communication strategy for different job profiles and functions in the organization.
- Build a database of potential profiles by researching and contacting colleges, employment agencies, recruitment agencies, job sites, media, etc.
- Organize or participate in career fairs, link with community services in the diaspora, by providing information about the company, current opportunities, and benefits; build and maintain rapport with potential candidates.
- Conduct initial phase of the screening process on consistent set of qualifications and competency matrix.
- Evaluate applicants by discussing job requirements and applicant qualifications with managers; interview applicants on consistent set of qualifications.
- Arrange and coordinate interviews schedules.
- Monitor the labor legislation and implement required changes to keep the process compliant.
- Improve the company attractiveness by recommending new policies and practices, enhanced benefits.
- Complete right to work checks for all new joiners, including, work experience students, temporary and permanent hires.
- Liaise with Immigration agents regarding visa/work permit requirements.
- Provide ad-hoc support to Senior Management and the HR Talent Manager.
- Actively participate in process improvement discussions.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with HR colleagues across the African offices, staff members and external clients.
- Actively participate in regular team meetings with the HR Operations team, across Africa to ensure information is shared.
- Manage the new joiner inductions and create training timetables.
- Organize training sessions on strategy consulting at local universities.
- Co-Chair the company training committee and Talent Management Meetings
- Master's degree or equivalent
- Minimum of five years of relevant HR
- Previous experience of working in a corporate professional services environment
- Previous experience of Taleo or other HR databases preferable
- Excellent judgement with the ability to deftly manage sensitive and confidential situations
- Proficient with various Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude and strong team skills and delivery focused
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of team and build external partnerships
- Friendly, professional personality and demeanor
- Ability to manage self and maintain level of objectivity and professionalism
- Strong attention to detail and good at prioritizing workload
- Proven ability to manage multiple, complex processes concurrently