Chercheur Post Doctoral (H/F)
Our Client is an African-based, African-led, international nongovernmental organization that conducts high-level scientific research in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization, and the well-being of African populations. APHRC aims to bring about change in sub-Saharan Africa using reliable data analyzed by experienced African researchers. Our research programs are oriented toward continental development priorities and are guided by the belief that evidence must be at the forefront of decisions about the health and well-being of populations and the development of the continent. our client is seeking to fill the position of Postdoctoral Researcher for its regional office based in Dakar, Senegal.
Roles and responsibilities
- Actively participate in scientific publications (6 papers published in 2 years), including peer-reviewed articles, briefing papers and blogs, and the production of reports to donors
- Lead literature reviews, policy analysis, and development of protocols and tools;
- Lead and contribute to the development of technical proposals and resource mobilization for research projects;
- Lead the research project team in scientific areas related to the themes under study
- Represent the office at national, regional and international meetings and conferences, including relevant technical working groups and expert committees;
- Contribute to institutional publications, including but not limited to dissemination materials such as policy/research briefs and fact sheets; and
- Contribute to policy engagement and strategic planning for the office;
- Oversee data quality and analysis.
Qualifications and experience
- PhD in Demography, Statistics, Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Geographic, Health Economics or related field or any other related discipline;
- Experience working in a research institution, conducting research, leading research programs or managing research projects;
- Strong proposal writing skills with a good track record of winning research grants;
- Good quantitative skills, with extensive familiarity with statistical packages (e.g. STATA, SPSS or SAS);
- Excellent scientific writing skills and a good record of publications on relevant areas in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Experience in research capacity strengthening and facilitation of research trainings will be an advantage;
- Ability to competently use both English and French languages in writing and speaking.
- Self-control ;
- Respect of deadlines ;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Disposition to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams.