Bus Technical Team Leader
Our client is a manufacturer of industrial vehicles and buses. It designs and manufactures light, medium, and heavy commercial vehicles, construction/carriage equipment, buses for urban and interurban transport, and special vehicles such as fire-fighting, off-road or military and civil protection trucks.
Basic Function :Provide all Technical Support required by the customer. Contribute to the resolution of the technical issues and to the escalation of the main product concerns. Provide on-field support for the most complicated cases and deliver technical training whenever needed by the customer. Resolve the breakdowns, maximizing the uptime of the vehicles. Coordinate the local team of technicians, assigning tasks and priorities, ensuring the proper delivery of the assignments received by MEA Bus Tech. Service Manager.
Responsibilities, Accountabilities :
- Support our client and his customers by ensuring the correct use, maintenance, diagnosis and repair of the vehicles running in the Territory (using eTIM platform for all technical information and EASY / UDT diagnostic tool for all diagnosis);
- Support our client by training the technicians of his customers on the correct maintenance and repair of the vehicles running in the Territory;
- Support our client and his customers with regard to the assessment and analysis of technical problems of vehicles with root cause analysis, problem solving, issue reporting (using ASiST tool) as well as warranty claims (using SAP eWarranty) ;
- Support our client with regard to the assessment of the workshops premises belonging their partners and customers on the Territory, providing the dedicated assessment form duly filled ;
- Support our client and his customers for Field and Recall Campaigns (communications, execution, supervision, monitoring) ;
- In case of product failure, support our client and his customers by inspecting the vehicles, analyzing the technical issue and defining the necessary corrective works and spare parts to repair the vehicles, reporting of such actions ;
- Support our client and his customers in case of vehicles breakdowns wherever in the Territory, assisting with immediate repairs if feasible or calling for a towing if needed ;
- Reporting our client (written reports + taking pictures) of any of the above actions ;
- Team coordination: assign tasks to the team of technicians, granting a correct balance of workload across the team. Ensure the highest quality of the jobs done ;
- Customer management: be the main interface between the management of the customers (fleet manager, technical director, workshop manager…) and our customer management. Prevent, intercept and address all possible customer complaints, keep our customer management team always updated about service performance, product performance, field issues, customer needs.
Job Requirements and qualifications :
- Qualification in a mechanical engineering or related technical discipline is highly desirable ;
- Fluent French verbal and written Technical Communication + basic English ;
- Practical Experience in an automotive repair workshop (preferably on buses or trucks) ;
- General knowledge of bus aftersales business ;
- Deep Specific Bus Product knowledge ;
- Computer literacy and good skills in the use of MS office products.
Competencies and/or Key Behaviours :
- Be self-motivated and capable of co-ordinating own personal agenda, including travel planning and booking ;
- Willingness to travel ;
- High level of autonomy and proactive ;
- Good customer service skills (customer relation management) ;
- Good interactive people skills and a teamwork attitude ;
- Team player and problem solver ;
- Team leadership.