AFRICA HR MANAGER
International Staffing Company is hiring an Regional HR Manager for one of its clients. Team Oriented, Innovative, Experimental and Data Driven, the Africa Regional HR Leader will establish consistency and standardization of local HR services across the region. Are you ready to take on the challenge?
- The Regional Human Resources Manager establishes a consistent approach for the company to manage local human resources operations, ensuring clear standards, efficiency and compliance with local laws and regulations and global civil society policies;
- The Regional HR Leader is in charge of the optimal organization set-up to deliver consistent HR services within the region, He/She leads and develops the HR team within the region, manages the HR headcount and ensures appropriate staffing of HR both in terns of capabilities as well as capacity;
- The Regional HR Leader is a member of the HR Leadership team and as such, drives the roadmap of global HR priorities, ensuring local needs are embedded into the HR roadmap with a view to increasing the quality of HR services and the consistency of the employee experience across the entity;
- Recruiting and staffing; Organizational and space planning
- Establishes the company wage and salary structure, pay policies, and oversees the variable pay systems within the company including bonuses and raises
- Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns
- Employee orientation, development, and training
- Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
- Protects the interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company. Evaluates plans and changes to plans. Makes recommendations to executive management.
- Manages employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings.
- Keeps the management team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Provide HR advice and support to line managers and employees, explaining procedures and policies in a timely effective manner.
- Ensure the administrative management of the local staff, Organize and maintain electronic and paper files of the staff files such as holidays, absence, sick leave
- Manage the relationship between the local company and social agencies (Social Security, pensions, insurance ... ..)
- Manage employee performance appraisal (mid and annual appraisal)
- Sets up the HR organization in the region, balancing the need for efficiencies and synergies with the ability to serve all internal customers in the region in a fully compliant way;
- Provides clarity to the HR organization in the region by clearly defining the local HR roles, the scope of HR services and the applicable entity standards in alignment with the HR Leadership Team and, in particular, the peers in other regions;
- Recruiting, onboarding and ongoing training of HR team members within the region and development of HR talent;
- Coaches local HR teams and ensures appropriate management of sensitive HR matters, in particular with regards to employee relations and potential legal claims;
- Challenges local HR teams in the spirit of continuous learning and improvement, drives 5 Why’s and Lessons Learned and ensures sharing of best practices, implementation of innovative ideas and realization of synergies;
- Drives the efficient and effective execution of day-to-day HR operations (onboarding, offboarding, payroll interface, administration, data tracking etc.) with the help of the regional team;
- Regularly conducts self-audits and tracks follow up actions to ensure that HR within the region is 100% compliant with existing CG standards and global policies;
- Uses CG technology and tools and provides input in the ongoing improvement of CG’s HR processes and tools
- Participates in HR projects on request;
- Supports with cross-country processes, such as international or expat assignments.
- A well rounded and experienced HR generalist who knows and understands CG’s business
- Experienced in working in an international environment with different legal and cultural requirements
- A strong communicator and collaborator, a natural integrator who builds a team and manages priorities
- A person with highest ethical standards and integrity, demonstrates the CG values and culture
- Flexible and used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Customer-centric and solution oriented
- Open to change and embracing innovative solutions
- A doer with a good balance of strategic focus, hands-on implementation and attention to detail
- Degree in HR Management or similar
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Excellent Microsoft Office software knowledge and skill, especially in Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong communication skills required for a matrix organization
- Highest level of ethics and personal responsibility
- Team player who is eager to learn and grow
- Strong interpersonal skills and interfacing with employees at all levels
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and decision-making skills
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in written and spoken English