JOB FAIR DAKAR PETROGAZ EXPO 2019 -LOCALIZATION AND COMPETENCY LEAD
Our client is an international company working in the field of gas, petrol and hydrocarbons, which seeks for the development of its activities, an a localization and competency lead. The selected candidate will meet our client during the JOB FAIR organized on the occasion of the DAKAR PETROGAZ EXPO 2019 taking place at CICES (Dakar) from June 25th to june 28th 2019.
- Understands the company’s operational activities and link business, competency and training strategies. In line with nationalization requirements.
- Assists Localization Manager and HR Manager to develop Localization strategies and Plans and ensures compliance of trainee competence and transfer of associated duties and skills to Locals prior to departure of Expatriates (on and offshore)
- Provides support mechanisms to Managers and Supervisors to ensure delivery of effective competency development program(s).
- Develop, implement and manage the provision of training and competence management services to Operation Team ensuring internal targets and expectations are met.
- Assists to drive team to develop the operational skills and knowledge of the national workforce to operate the plant and facilities safely and efficiently.
- Consults with the key stakeholders on the development of individual and/or team professional skills through a range of measures that aim to achieve current business goals meet future challenges and build capacity for change of national workforce to expatriate staff and to operate the plant and facilities safely and efficiently.
- With the HR department, assists to coordinate, facilitate and document all activities, which are required to develop national competency assurance and assessment; provides on-the-job training, coaching and assessment of operation mentors, assessors, technicians and staff.
- Ensures all possible learning opportunities are made available to the staff through planned operational activities.
- Coordinates the offshore training of technicians and operational staff in line with the existing competence levels sufficiently to close the identified skills gaps and render personnel capable of applying the acquired skills to safely operate and maintain utilities as well as oil and gas production systems and facilities as required.
- Presents, proposes and is part of the designing and developing of action-learning programs based on information management and ensures the widest possible practical work exposure as offered to all personnel.
- Drives and implements the methodology for the Competency, training and assessment of asset staff in the specific areas of process, maintenance, operational and marine duties, Facility Emergency Response and safety critical activities.
- Ensures assessors and management staff are mentored in and understand that priority is given to safety training and competence programs for plant, equipment, procedures, personnel and emergency response processes