BILINGUAL HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Our client is a leading Africa-based, African-led, international research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, with a West Africa regional office based in Dakar, Senegal. Our client conducts policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues in sub-Saharan Africa.
Our client is seeking to recruit a Human Resources Officer to support the day-to-day activities of our Human Resources unit. The position will be based at the regional office in Dakar and will also support HR processes in other areas in sub-Saharan Africa. Responsibilities
- Participate in talent acquisition, on boarding new hires, performance management and retention;
- Manage the processes for application for work permits, duty exemptions, visas etc. for expatriates;
- Participate in the development, review and implementation/enforcement of HR policies and procedures;
- Maintain employee records and keeping them confidential;
- Update internal databases with new hire information;
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics;
- Organize for team building events;
- Support audit processes; and
- Manage staff welfare schemes and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or relevant field.
- 3 years’ post-qualification work experience as a HR Officer, preferably in an NGO.
- Knowledge of Senegal labor laws.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Familiarity with any Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) software.
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in both English and French languages.
- Be of Senegalese citizenship and residing in Senegal.